Your Lymphatic System is your body’s ‘waste disposal unit’ removing toxins, metabolic waste, clearing blockages as well as transporting nutrients to the cells. It is made up a network of capillaries throughout the whole body with collections of lymphatic nodes, with up to 400- 600 (dependent on how many your body needs) found in the neck, underarms, chest, stomach, groin and knee. Unlike our Circulatory System which has a heart to pump the blood around the entire body, it requires movement to move it along which can sometimes stagnate and leave the body with oedema swellings.
Lymphatic Drainage Massage combines gentle pressure with soft pumping movements in the direction of the lymph nodes. The pressure is very light as the lymph vessels are superficial and too much pressure is thought to close or damage the valves in the lymph and stop circulation. All the movements are carried out very slowly to help your lymphatic system become more efficient.
During the treatment we are attempting to improve drainage by:
• Encouraging lymph to flow through the lymphatic System
• Draining the interstitial tissues
• Assisting the fluid to return to the Circulatory System
• Remove blockages from the lymph nodes
Lymphatic Drainage Reflexology works on the same principles as that of lymphatic drainage massage, however it is carried out either on your feet or hands, which are a microcosm of your body, through stimulating the reflexes in your feet or hands to attain the same results.
• Cellulite and excess weight
• Constipation and digestive disorders
• Oedema and fluid retention (puffy ankles, legs, eyes and bloating)
• Toxic build up
• Glandular fever, migraine, sinusitis, hayfever, ME
• Stress Tension and anxiety
• Recurring infections (chest, ears, colds and flu)
• Hormone imbalances (PMT, Post partum, menopause)
• Skin Conditions (Scar tissue, Acne, Rosacea)
• Post Operative conditions (where lymph nodes have been removed e.g Mastectomy)
• Cosmetic Surgery